Friday, January 9, 2009

Notes from the Field of Momdom

This morning I was driving Julia to daycare and, as usual, we were listening to The Very Best of Sheryl Crow cranked way up. 
"Mom," Julia asked, looking sheepish: "Does Sheryl Crow have any kids?" 
"Yes," I said, "she has a baby girl," astonished that I've read enough issues of People to know. I figured J. would be pleased since she loves babies, especially of the female variety. But no. J. just wanted to establish Sheryl's bona fides because next she said: 
"I want her to be my mom." Pause. "But Sam likes you."

Where does that leave me, I wondered. Still, I had to know what's so special about Sheryl. 
Julia: "She can sing."

All I have to say is: my life ain't no disco.




3 comments:

ralswang said...

You sing great!!!

Betsy said...

You know how much I appreciate Ralph's comment. But in truth, you sing like me. Very badly. And also, while I haven't checked my pop magazines lately, I believe Sheryl's baby is actually, um, male. (Big sisters...Blegh.)

Boissiere said...

LOL ...maybe we can get your J. and my R. an apartment of their own......on the Metro line so they can get to daycare without us....